Sunday, July 17, 2011

Homemade Salsa

I got a nice Cuisinart food processor for our wedding that never worked. It broke my little heart, but I've kept it in the cabinet hoping it would eventually "magically" work. My cute hubby decided to make it his little project. He took it apart, got out his soldering kit, soldered a few wires together, and ta-da...it works!!!

In the process of repair:All done!
I knew immediately what I wanted to make first. I cannot stand jarred salsa, and I love, love, love restaurant-style salsa. This recipe found on Brown Eyed Baker turned out great!! So tasty and fresh!
Here's what you'll need:

14 oz. can whole tomatoes (peeled) with juice
1 (10 oz.) can original Rotel
2 Tbsp. chopped onion
1/2 clove garlic, chopped
1/2 jalepeƱo, chopped
1/4 cup cilantro
Juice from 1/4 a fresh lime
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon granulated sugar
1/8 teaspoon ground cumin

Add all ingredients to a food processor. Pulse until you get desired consistency. Refrigerate for at least two hours (but trust me, this tastes 10X better the next day), and then serve with your favorite tortilla chips.

Enjoy!!

In other news, I start my senior year of dental school tomorrow. I'm having mixed emotions...I SO do not want to go back, but I'm ready to get this year over and on to the exciting things God has planned for me after dental school. Here's to a fresh start for senior year!

No comments:

Post a Comment