Sunday, August 22, 2010

Nacho Stars


Last night, we had planned a game night with another married couple, so I decided to make a snack for everyone to much on. My friend, Ashley, from school makes this awesome treat called Nacho Stars. I forgot to snap a picture, and before I knew it, they were devoured! So, I borrowed this picture from the internet. It doesn't have the same filling, but you can get the idea. I like how versatile this could be. You could do a spicy filling, a chicken salad-type filling, a crab/cream cheese-type filling, etc. The possibilities are endless. Here's the recipe I used:

1 package wonton wrappers
3/4 cup ranch dressing
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
1 lb. sausage
1 jar jalapeno slices

Directions: Spray a cupcake tin with non-stick cooking spray. Place wonton wrappers in the tin, and bake in an oven preheated to 350 degrees for 6 minutes. Meanwhile, brown the sausage in a skillet. Drain, and add the ranch and cheese. Spoon into pre-baked wonton shells. Add a little more cheese, and top with a jalapeno slice. Place back into the oven for 6 more minutes. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Nacho stars = ballin'. Thank you for making me feel not so alone in the lack of patients, especially in the realm of removable. If I start to get negative again, please stop me. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete