Saturday, July 10, 2010

4th of July

For the 4th of July this year, my sister came to visit, so I cooked for my first holiday as a married lady! My menu included:
BBQ Chicken (with my signature homemade BBQ sauce)
Corn on the Cob
Squash Casserole
French Bread
Dessert: Flag Cake

I made the flag cake with orange supreme inside (with real mandarin orange pieces) and a cool whipped frosting on the outside. It was delicious...so moist! Here's a pic of my creation :)


Here's the recipe for the delicious, semi-healthy frosting:

8 oz. container fat-free Cool Whip
1 (3.5 oz.) package instant vanilla pudding mix
1 cup skim milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Directions: In a medium bowl, combine pudding mix, vanilla extract, and milk. Beat until smooth. Fold in Cool Whip until no streaks remain. Spread over cooled cake.

It was a great holiday, and we watched fireworks after dinner. The next day was my birthday, and Jonathan took me to Another Broken Egg Cafe in Mountain Brook for brunch, and we went to Bottega Restaurant for dinner. It was a day full of amazing food with my sweetie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment