Thursday, July 29, 2010

Peanut Butter Cup Cookies



So...Jonathan is out of town for a couple of days for work, but before he left, I whipped up some of these little delicious treats. They are to die for. I got the recipe from AllRecipes.com (one of my favorite websites...check it out). It's hard to eat just one!! Also, I used our new everyday china to display the cookies. Isn't it pretty? Anyway, here's the recipe:

1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons milk
40 miniature chocolate covered peanut butter cups

Unwrap peanut butter cups and stick in the freezer for at least 1 hour. Then, preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda; set aside. Cream together the butter, sugar, peanut butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in the egg, vanilla and milk. Add the flour mixture; mix well. Spray a mini muffin pan with Pam. Shape dough into 40 balls and place each into the pan. Bake at 375 degrees for about 8 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately press a mini peanut butter cup into each ball. Cool in the refrigerator a few minutes before carefully remove from pan. If you don't allow them to chill before removing, they'll crumble.


On another note, I have officially started my third year of dental school!! It's been fun, nerve-wrecking, exhilarating, and exhausting all at the same time. I can't remember a time when I've come home more exhausted each day. But I love working with patients. I have met some of the coolest, sweetest people. A patient I saw today was a retired NASA engineer. He had lots of neat stories to tell about the space shuttles. This is going to be an extremely busy and challenging year, but I know that I'm going to learn so much. I'm very thankful for my classmates. We really do depend on one another to make it through each day. Thanks for stopping by the blog...sorry it's been a while since I last updated :)

4 comments:

  1. yummo!! I'll have to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love choc and pb together...almost nothing better :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delish! I have been more tired this week then ever before, no joke. Cute patient story, yay for NASA! My sweet patient story -- I got to repair a maxillary denture (hello misc prosth requirement) and fix a "hot spot" on a lower for a wonderful sweet pastor's wife :) xxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, those look SO GOOD. I'm drooling right now.

    ReplyDelete