Monday, July 12, 2010

Weekend Fun

This past weekend was wonderful. Some dear friends came to visit, and we had a blast. We stayed up way too late and ate too much good food, but it was worth it. On Saturday night, we participated in a "tiramisu crawl," where we visited different restaurants in Birmingham to try their tiramisu. So yummy! I don't have any pictures from that night, but here are a few other pictures from the weekend.

The giant watermelon we consumed. We still have 2/3 of it left, after 5 people ate a ton!

Seed-spitting contest...I love the South!

Praise the Lord for Godly friends :)

Tonight, I made Creamy Taco Macaroni from this food blog. I followed the recipe almost exactly (I added a little extra garlic and garlic powder. I also used fat-free sour cream and cream cheese instead of regular, as well as used whole wheat macaroni). It was pretty good for a quick meal. Jonathan liked it a lot, so I think I'll keep it on stand-by for those nights I need to whip something up quickly and don't want chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment