Monday, April 4, 2011

Atlanta Weekend

Wow, we've been busy little bees lately. I was awarded a scholarship from The Hinman, a national dental society, and Jonathan and I were invited to Atlanta to accept the award. They put us up for 2 nights in the Westin Peachtree Plaza, and we were on the 64th floor (in the preferred guest floor!). Our view was magnificent:
There were gorgeous floor-to-ceiling windows in our room. It was fun to wake up to every morning:We went to the Hinman and accepted the scholarship. Here's one of my classmates, one of my favorite professors, and me:
After the ceremony, Jonathan and I headed back to the hotel to change clothes. We then walked to the World of Coca-Cola museum. What a taste adventure!We rode up the glass elevator on the side of our hotel to the 72nd floor (which rotates!). Here's a picture from the top:
All in all, it was a fun weekend. Jonathan and I were happy to have a free "mini-vacation," and we were also happy to get back to our wonderful home and relax on Sunday.

3 comments:

  1. Um hello?!? Why didn't we know you were here? We could have at least met you for squeezes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! We wanted to contact y'all, and then time slipped away and it was the day before we were heading to Atlanta, and we didn't want to spring it on you. We didn't want y'all to feel pressured to have to come meet us. We should have called, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well next time don't worry about pressuring us - we will always make time to see you if we can! xoxo

    ReplyDelete