Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Hawaiian Chicken Pizza

Umm...can you say yumm? This week, I wanted a quick meal that I could whip up after a long day of clinic, and I found the perfect recipe here at Sing for Your Supper. Jonathan loves California Pizza Kitchen's Hawaiian BBQ Chicken pizza, and when I saw this recipe, I knew it would be perfect. I prepped all the ingredients Sunday night, and I just threw them together and put them in the oven when I got home from clinic. Here's the beauty ready to go into the oven:
And here's the wonderful, tangy, melty creation ready to eat:

So easy and so scrumptious! Really...go make this now :)

Here's the recipe:

1 large, pre-baked thin pizza crust
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
2 chicken breasts, fully cooked and shredded
1/2 cup BBQ sauce, plus more for brushing on the crust
1/4 cup ranch salad dressing (I used light)
fresh pineapple, diced (we used a good bit!)
fresh cilantro, chopped, about 1/3 cup

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Toss the cooked, shredded chicken breasts with the BBQ sauce. Set aside. (Note: I prepped the chicken a couple nights before and let it marinate in the BBQ sauce.)

Brush the pizza crust with a thin layer of BBQ sauce, then spread on the ranch dressing. Top with some of the cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese, then the chicken and pineapple, then the remaining cheeses. Bake for about 15 minutes, until all the cheese is melted and the crust is golden brown. Top with the chopped cilantro. Makes 1 pizza.

1 comment: