Saturday, May 26, 2012

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

Back to using up ingredients from the pantry...  I have a can of pumpkin puree that I bought in the fall and never used, and I thought it would be a great ingredient for...you guessed it, more muffins (I don't know why I'm on a muffin kick lately, but I've really enjoyed having them for breakfast ever since I discovered I can make yummy muffins)!


Here's the recipe:

1 cup pumpkin puree
1/3 cup canola oil
2 large eggs
1/2 c. Splenda brown sugar
1/4 c. white sugar
1/4 c. skim milk
1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips, plus more for sprinkling on top

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin tin with liners or spray with non-stick spray.  In a large bowl, mix together the puree, oil, eggs, sugar, and milk.  In another smaller bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt.  Add to the pumpkin mixture and mix until just combined.  Fold in chocolate chips.  Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin, filling each about 3/4 full.  Sprinkle a few chocolate chips on top of each muffin, and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.  Cool 5 minutes in pan and then remove to cool completely.

Source:  Disney Family

No comments:

Post a Comment